Monday, June 18, 2012

9/365

Communication has got to be the hardest part of any relationship. There is so much that can go wrong, and misunderstandings are often the foundation of many a fight between friends, lovers, siblings, husbands and wives.

I hate fighting with people. Though I probably would be described by friends and family as having a fairly quick temper, I have struggled through my whole life trying to master it. The worst feeling that I have every felt in my life is the feeling of having driven dear friends, or family members away, or to feel that I didn't love them because of careless words that I had spoken in the heat of selfish anger.

As a Christian, I am beginning to realize that something that is very threatening to the evil forces in this world is the idea of the Body of Christ. There is great power in a group of believers coming together and worshipping together. As a body of believers we can uphold and encourage one another to great heights beyond anything any other group of people. And yet, in the context of the world it seems as though Christians have not accomplished much except the division of a unified church into multiples factions visibly at odds with each other. The reason? Satan is almost exclusively focused on breaking up the Body of Christ. Satan, in my mind rubs his hands with glee every time a group of Christians divide over a disagreement of theology or practice.

As I am getting married in 5 months, I have been thinking a lot about communication in the marriage relationship, and the marriage relationship in general. In Paul's writings, the marriage relationship is a great mystery that mirrors, and is supposed to be an image of the relationship between God and man. If a godly marriage relationship holds that much power, it stands to reason that Satan would attack this relationship with a special venom.

So I am resolved to commit the matter of the communication between me and my fiancee even now to much prayer, and I urge you all, my readers, to commit the matter of the communication of every marriage relationship you know to much prayer and care.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! I'm checking out your blog and liking it a lot! I heard a really great message about family and parenting at church yesterday (like a really good message -- not a cheesy one!), and your comments on marriage fit right into that. Thanks for sharing love! I look forward to reading more =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex! I hope we can bless each other in the future!

      Delete